Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Women without men!

Self-portrait

SHIRIN NESHAT
I had intended a longer blog about the brilliant artist Shirin Neshat. 
But the weather made me sit outside in a friends backyard and have 
a glass of wine instead. Yes! I am guilty... happily guilty....:)
I watched Shirin Neshat's film "Fervor" a few years ago and got 
bewitched by the dramatic and truthful pictures she was showing 
of a world so distant from ours. I think she is probably one of todays 
strongest artistic female freedom figthers, and if you have a 
contender that can match her initiative please give me a hint:)
Fervor 2000

Last week I received the new book about Shirin Neshat's work.
I can't seem to put it down. I keep looking at it before I fall asleep at night.



Next week I would love to have a chance to see her new movie 
"Women without men!"
Here is a cut I found on YouTube. It looks disturbing and astonishing at the same time.


7 comments:

  1. You inspire me to look beyond the frivolous...I love my blog because I think it's a fun escape from the realities of every day life...but sometimes I forget to get serious. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sunny and thank you Kristin.
    I am not intending to be too serious:) But I like to stop up and fill up my life with a deeper meaning now and then. I hope with my blog that I can reach a broader group of people, the once that are already living life with Art but also the once that might discover Art and Artists they never thought of before and maybe I could inspire them to seek out for more? :) WITH LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing love - love hearing about artists ..

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I have actually heard of her, will have to investigate further!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thank you so much for sharing, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this does look compelling. thank you for the introduction. pgt

    ReplyDelete