"A Perimeter for a room" (One thing to another)
Another year is soon over, it has been as exiting as exhausting. London has become my new beloved home... and at the moment I think I will never move from here... but, that is all relative, I guess.
There have been quite many Artistic highlights and rather difficult to bring it down to 10.
But bellow is another indication of a great year in art.
1. Tracey Emin proving she is the IT girl!
2. The most memorable opening ever: Ai Weiwei at the Lisson Gallery.
3. Tony Cragg's incredible sculptures at the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art.
4. Having a chance to visit the Hermitage in St. Petersburg.
5. Grayson Perry at the British Museum.
6. The wonderful Women Make Sculpture exhibit at the Pangolin Gallery.
7. Visiting Notre Dame du Haut, the amazing Le Corbusier chapel.
8. Anish Kapoor's "Leviathan" at the Grand Palais in Paris.
9. Chantal Joffe at my favorite Gallery in London,Victoria Miro.
Artwork of the year:
"The Hours" By Christian Marclay, as part of the "British Art Show 7" exhibit at the Hayward Gallery.
In two days I will be flying off to the Dolomites, where there will be little Art (unfortunately) but lots of skiing and reading. I look forward to some days of contemplation before 2012 begins with a Big Bang. I am already thrilled to start the New Year with classes at Christie's and Sotheby's, studying Art Law and History.
Wishing you all the best during the Holidays!
With Christmas and New Year Love